We know many of you want to know how big is a two car garage? And how big is a four-car garage? Whether you’re constructing a custom home and need garage design concepts, adding a garage, or purchasing a property and not sure whether your car will fit. This article will offer you a better understanding of standard garage space requirements for most automobiles.
There are several sorts of garages. The garage’s size, form, and initial usage all impact the technical “type.” As a carport, most garages get exclusively used for parking an automobile.
However, the applications have expanded in recent years. Knowing the typical garage dimensions of a one, two, or three-vehicle garage can provide you with a good starting point.
Basic Uses of a garage?
The most crucial element to consider when determining the proportions of your garage would be what you intend to use it for. Your garage’s size will be decided by how do you use it. We’ll glance at a few examples below.
Many homeowners utilize their garage solely for storage. The family automobiles are often the largest objects stored in your garage. You’ll need to choose a garage that can accommodate all your vehicles.
It should be pretty simple because garages get classified as one, two, or three-vehicle garages. It is self-evident how many automobiles can fit within every garage. However, if you intend to store more in the garage, you must consider a bigger garage size.
Perhaps you will not be keeping automobiles in your garage. Instead, you’ll need to convert your garage into an extra living area. Because you’re less prone to wake the kids, detached garages make fantastic workstations.
Attached garages frequently serve as an extra space for your family and friends, making them ideal for such a pool table, gym, or monthly poker night.
How Big Is A One-Car Garage?
The one-car garage gets commonly seen in townhouses or apartment complexes. It is not appropriate for storage since the dimensions are too small to fit a medium-sized automobile and are too small to fit a larger car.
Such garages also get constructed as additional parking spaces on bigger houses. The following are the standard dimensions:
- The garage should have a typical depth of 20 feet.
- The width of the garage entryway should be 9 feet, with an overall width of 12 feet.
- You should be capable of holding at least 2 feet. There are 8 inches of space on each side of the car door.
- A garage door’s height is typically around 7-8 feet, while its width is typically between 7-9 feet.
How Big Is A Two Car Garage?
It is the most common size of automobile garage seen in most residential areas. So how big is a two car garage? If you plan to park one car in it, this garage-style gives a little additional storage room or a lot more space. The following are the measurements of a typical two-car garage:
- The garage should have a standard depth of 20 feet.
- The dual garage entrance should be 16 feet wide on the outside and 18 feet wide on the interior.
- Ideally, you should retain at least 2 ft. 8 in. between the automobiles along either side of the vehicle doors.
After, how big is a two car garage, let’s talk about some other sizes as well.
How Big Is A Three Car Garage?
For storage purposes, the third-car compartment is becoming increasingly popular. These garages are standard in homes with older children who drive or in those who need a bit extra room.
Such garages are also commonly constructed with two doors, one dual and one single. The following are the typical sizes of a three-car garage:
- The garage should have a standard depth of 20 feet.
- The double garage entrance should be 16 feet wide, and the single garage entryway should be at least 8 feet wide, with a total interior width of 28 feet.
- In a three-vehicle family, you should preserve at least 2 ft. 8 in. of room on either side of the vehicle doors and between the automobiles.
How Big Is A Four Car Garage?
Of course, they are the most spacious garages. The desirable four-car garage gets often seen in larger-than-average suburban houses. They get shown with two dual doors and plenty of storage space within. The following are the conventional measurements for a four-car garage:
- The garage depth should be significantly more than the norm of 22 feet.
- The interior width of each double garage door should be 36 feet, with a total width of 16 feet.
- You should provide at least 2 ft. 8 in. of spacing on either side of the vehicle doors and between each automobile.
What Are Custom Built Garages?
While every garage builder can make any of the sizes listed above, there is another possibility. Garages may get created in any shape or size to suit your needs, and there is no such thing as just a standard garage size, which means that there is no such thing as a typical garage size.
Having a made-to-order garage also allows you to do some pretty cool stuff with it. You may have a three-car garage created only with one entrance or even a four-car garage made.
The height of the garage is another something to think about. A bespoke garage may get built to be quite tall, allowing you to add a loft. This loft enables customers to construct a living area while keeping their vehicles in the garage.
Understanding the average garage dimensions of a one, two, or three-car garage will help you determine how much space you’ll need for the new garage. The amount of space you’ll need is determined by how you want to use your garage.
Creating a unique garage is a fantastic option for you. It allows you to create a garage tailored to your individual needs. It’s a good idea to use your garage to store your car and gardening tools.
Keep Reading: Similar Content You May Enjoy